Chef's Table. The pursuit of culinary perfection.
Chef's Table is an award-winning, upscale 40-seat restaurant residing at Kensington Riverside Inn.
Chef's Table, under the direction of the talented Chef de Cuisine Chris Barton, has garnered a loyal following, fantastic reviews and several awards:
- Best-Kept Secret, 9th Annual Best Restaurants, Avenue Magazine, March 2012
- Attained the coveted Four Diamond AAA Rating, ranking Chef's Table as a premier establishment esteemed by inspectors, the hospitality industry, and over 52 million AAA/CAA members. Fewer than 3 percent of the more than 27,000 restaurants approved by AAA achieve this prestigious distinction, and only 7 others have done so in Alberta, of which Chef's Table is now 1 of only 3 in Calgary!
- Voted Best Hotel Dining by Where Magazine for 3 consecutive years, 2009, 2010, and again in 2011!
- 75 Must-Try Calgary Dishes, Chef's Table Deconstructed Creme Brulee, Where Magazine, September 2011
- Wine Spectator's Award of Excellence, August 2011 and August 2012.
- Judges Recommendation, Worth the Splurge, Avenue Magazine, March 2011.
From warmth to wine, enjoy soul-repairing cuisine.
Come join Chef de Cuisine Chris Barton and his talented team in their open-kitchen and get caught up in their excitement as they bring a modernist approach to classical French dishes, reworking them playfully while keeping their original integrity, and artfully presented.
A culinary experience to remember, Chef's Table patrons can enjoy tasting menus or our a la carte menu, refreshed with the seasons. Wine selections specialize in smaller eclectic producers that pair up brilliantly with Chef's selections, and service is unmatched.
A sumptuous, warm décor—with dark brown Italian leather Poltrona Frau chairs, white Frette linen tablecloths, contemporary art and rich estate-grey walls trimmed with elegance—invites diners to relax and enjoy.
Whether you're staying with us at the Inn, or simply dropping by, Chef's Table pursues culinary perfection, considering all the details to provide the ultimate dining experience.
Please browse our Chef's Table Menus for the latest culinary creations.
Please note, Chef's Table is closed for dinner on Sundays and select public holidays. Parking for Chef's Table patrons is available at the Kensington Gate next to the Inn on the corner of Memorial Drive and 10A Street NW.
Our lounge is your intimate retreat.
Just steps beyond Chef's Table is our inviting and modern 30-seat lounge. With cream-white Poltrona Frau Italian leather chairs and a stunning blue Bisazza glass-tiled feature wall—it's the perfect retreat to relax or reconnect.
The Ocean Wise menu symbol—we care.
We are committed to Ocean Wise, a Vancouver Aquarium conservation program that empowers and educates consumers about issues surrounding sustainable seafood. Helping restaurants and their customers make environmentally-friendly seafood choices, the Ocean Wise symbol next to a menu item marks the best choice for the health of our oceans. Chef's Table is an approved Ocean Wise restaurant, providing fresh, highest-quality sustainable seafood for our patrons.
For more information on Ocean Wise, visit www.vanaqua.com.
For Chef's Table reservations, please call 403.228.4442. Or reserve via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by clicking on the Open Table link below. Several parking options are available, including street parking in Kensington Village, or covered parking at Kensington Gate. Daily max $12, after 5pm $2. For in-house guests, secured underground parking is available at $15/night.