Grilled flat breads with Madrange ham and charred pineapple
200g flatbread dough
1 Pineapple (cut into thin slices)
100g Madrange Ham (sliced 3mm thick)
25ml Roasted Garlic Oil
Small handful of Arugula
Pinch of Fleur De Sel
Flat Bread Recipe
1000g AP Flour
10g Kosher Salt
15g Dry Active Yeast
50ml Olive Oil
650ml Luke Warm Water
Combine yeast, water and sugar and let stand for 10 minutes to activate yeast. In a large mixing bowl place the flour and salt, make a well and then add the water mixture and the olive oil. Mix well and kneed into a ball. Dust with flour and place in a bowl and cover with a damp towel. Leave in a warm place for one hour or until the dough has doubled in size.
Roasted Garlic and shallot oil
100ml Olive Oil
5 cloves of roasted garlic
1 shallot cut into rings
Roast garlic in oven at 350 Fahrenheit covered in tin foil for 45 mins. Heat olive oil on grill and add garlic. Let oil gently steep for 30 minutes on low heat. Add shallots and take off the heat.
To make the flatbreads, roll out balls of dough to a desired size, place on well cleaned grill at medium heat. Grill pineapple and ham on the other half of the bbq on high. Turn the flatbread over and brush with garlic and shallot oil. Add ham and pineapple once dough is cooked (about 2 mins a side). Take off the grill and add the arugula seasoned with salt and lemon juice. Finish with more roasted garlic oil and a pinch of fleur de sel.
Lemon Ricotta Pancakes (yields 4)
Thanks to all who joined us for our first Annual Stampede Breakfast! We had an overwhelming request for our lemon ricotta pancake recipe so here it is...if you don't want to try it at home, they are on our daily breakfast and Brunch menu!
- 1.5 cups all purpose flour
- 1tbsp granulated sugar
- 1tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup extra smooth ricotta
- 1 egg
- 1.5 cups milk
- 1/4 cup butter (melted) or vegetable oil
- 2 tsps finely grated lemon rind
- vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- 4 lemon wedges
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries and strawberries
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Press ricotta through fine sieve into separate bowl. Whisk in egg, milk, butter and lemon rind. Pour over dry ingredients and stir until just moistened. (batter may be slightly lumpy)
- Heat large nonstick pan over a medium heat; brush lightly with vegetable oil. Pour ¼ cup batter per pancake into skillet, spreading with spatula to form 5 inch circles; cook until bottom is golden and bubbles break on top but do not fill in, 1.5 to 2 minutes. Turn and cook until golden on the bottom.